- HUNTHILL, a hamlet, in the parish of Blantyre, Middle ward of the county of Lanark, 3½ miles (W. N. W.) from Hamilton; containing 60 inhabitants. It is situated on the western borders of the parish, and nearly adjoins the village of Blantyre, in the manufactures and works connected with which the population is partly engaged.
A Topographical dictionary of Scotland. Samuel Lewis. 1856.
Look at other dictionaries:
High Blantyre Primary — is a Scottish state sector school that provides education for children from four years until they are eleven years.Originally located near High Blantyre Cross, the building was a solid, imposing sandstone building featuring eight classrooms,… … Wikipedia
Rutherford (surname) — The surname Rutherford, also Rutherfurd, can be traced back to the West Flemish name Ruddervoorde, a community now part of Oostkamp [http://hunthill.4t.com/custom3.html] . It may refer to:*Alexander Cameron Rutherford, Canadian politician, first… … Wikipedia
List of nature centers in the United States — NOTOC ListByUSStateTOC center=yes bottom left=yes washington dc=yes territories=yes seealso=yesAlabama* [http://www.biophilia.net Biophilia Nature Center] (Elberta, Alabama) * [http://www.outdooralabama.com/public lands/stateLands/WNC/ Gatra… … Wikipedia
Hamilton and Strathaven Railway — The Hamilton and Strathaven Railway was an historic railway in Scotland. It ran from a junction with the Hamilton Branch of the Caledonian Railway to a terminus at Strathaven. The railway was worked from the start by the Caledonian Railway, who… … Wikipedia
Blantyre — BLANTYRE, a parish, in the Middle ward of the county of Lanark; including the villages of Auchinraith, Auchintiber, Barnhill, Blantyre, Blantyre Works, Hunthill, and Stonefield; and containing 3047 inhabitants, of whom 1464 are in the village… … A Topographical dictionary of Scotland
Jedburgh — JEDBURGH, a burgh, market town, and parish, in the district of Jedburgh, county of Roxburgh, of which it is the capital, 11 miles (S. W. by S.) from Kelso, and 49 (S. E. by S.) from Edinburgh; containing, with the villages of Bongate,… … A Topographical dictionary of Scotland